One of my best friends moved to Houston in 2012 for work. There was only one thing a good friend could do, make sure to visit and gain at least 5lbs.
These were my top 5 eats from this trip:
- Seafood Gumbo @ Goode Company Seafood: 10211 Katy Freeway
- With all the options, we ate here twice in 5 days
- Rich, warming, full of crab, shrimp and oyster!
- Chicken and Waffles @ The Breakfast Klub: 3711 Travis St
- Best fried chicken I’ve ever had with a crispy waffle
- There will be a line, it’s worth the wait
- Armadillo Eggs @ T-Bone Toms: 707 Texas 146, Kemah Texas
- Featured on Diners, Drive-in’s and Dives; pickled jalapeno stuffed with BBQ brisket and deep fried, served with ranch dressing
- Steak Night @ Under the Volcano: 2349 Bissonnet St
- Can’t visit Texas without steak, many places have steak nights thoughout the week that are great deals
- Monday night, $17 for 16 oz ribeye, salad, mashed potatoes and flan for dessert, from 6pm-9pm
- BBQ @ Goode Company BBQ: 8911 Katy Freeway
- The jalapeno cheese bread, buttery slices of amazing
- There’s brisket, ham, sausage, ribs, turkey, chicken, order by the pound, make your own plate or get a combo