Many cuisines have their own version of a potato pancake, from latkas and hash browns to croquettes. The BF’s mother shared with us her take on the dish with a very Chinese spin. The result is a thin, savoury pancake that’s filling, easy to make and fitting for breakfast or lunch.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 Chinese sausages
- a handful of chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Put the diced potatoes and egg into a blender, blend until smooth. Stop as soon as the mixture is liquid, over blending will make your pancakes runny and not hold together.
- To the potato batter, add the minced sausage, dried shrimp and green onions.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, stir the ingredients together.
- Ladle the batter into your pan, over medium heat and cook until crispy.
Step by Step Photos