- Address: 501 Queen St W, Toronto
- Visited: 02/01/2016-02/21/2016, Event
- Cuisine: Soup
- Rating: 5.0 5.0 Excellent, worth every $
4.5 Good, food & value
4.0 Good, but $$, would re-visit
3.5 Meh, good $, would re-visit
3.0 Meh, would not re-visit
2.0 Did not like Free!
- Website: N/A
Who doesn’t love soup? Especially in the winter and for free. From February 2nd to February 21st, Campbell’s has launched a pop-up soup restaurant, The Cantina, on Queen St W serving up complimentary bowls of 4 soups created by Chef Matt Dean Pettit of Rock Lobster kitchen. In addition to soup, Chef Matt or one of his crew from Rock Lobster will be on-hand at The Cantina from 12pm-1pm and 6pm-7pm sharing tips and tricks to spice up Campbell’s soup products at home.
Disclaimer: All food and drinks reviewed below were provided complimentary. All opinions expressed below are wholly mine.
All four soups being served at the Cantina start with a base of Campbell’s soup products. Chef Matt has then added his own flare and interpretation to create delicious soups inspired by the multiculturalism of Toronto. There is also a fully stocked garnish bar, where guests will be able to customize and personalize their bowls.
Every guest will be invited to try out all four soups. They are:
1. Spicy Vegetarian Ramen – light and refreshing
2. Creamy Tomato Black Bean Taco Soup – rich, sweet and tangy, best topped with the deep fried taco bits
3. Thai Chicken & Rice Khao Soi – savoury and spicy, best topped with a fried wonton strips
4. Roasted Beer Can Cream of Chicken Soup – creamy and pleasantly spicy! This was my favourite
At The Cantina, Campbell’s has also set up a social media mosaic wall. Guests will be given a sticker and invited to place it on the wall. For every sticker, Campbell’s will be donating a can of soup to the Daily Bread Food Bank of Toronto. 1 sticker = 1 can of soup, up to 15,000 cans!
Until February 21st, be sure to stop by The Cantina to slurp up some good soup and place a sticker to support a great cause. #WeAllSoupTO