Stephen and I have used our FoodSaver® vacuum sealer for years now, and it’s one of our most useful kitchen devices. From sealing bulk groceries in the freezer to keeping spices fresh for the pantry, the FoodSaver® keeps food fresher for longer and without any freezer burn.
This recipe for Grilled Turkey Rice Noodle Bowls, inspired by the traditional Vietnamese dish, Heo Nuong Xa, is one of my favourites for the summer. Featuring grilled turkey breast, so there’s no need to heat up the kitchen, and served with cold noodles and lettuce, the dish is refreshing and satisfying. We usually marinate the turkey overnight, but using FoodSaver®’s Preserve and Marinate Containers, only a few minutes were needed to infuse the turkey full of flavour. The marinade has plenty of garlic, onions, fish sauce and brown sugar, which makes the turkey breast perfectly caramelized when grilled.
We like to cook enough turkey to assemble bowls for lunches during the week. With the FoodSaver® Cordless Handheld Vacuum Sealer and FoodSaver® Vacuum Seal Zipper bags, meal prep was made even easier with pre-packing the cooked turkey, and individual portions of cooked rice noodles and chopped lettuce. This helped keep our meals fresh even after days in the fridge. I liked how small and compact the handheld sealer was, powerful without taking up much counter space.
For more inspiration and recipes featuring turkey, visit www.ThinkTurkey.ca
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Turkey Farmers of Canada. All ideas and opinions expressed are wholly mine.
- 400g boneless, skinless turkey breast,
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500g rice noodles, thin
- 4 cups of lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 4-6 perilla leaf, chopped
- 1/2 cup quick pickled radishes (optional)
- 1/2 cup of nuoc cham (optional)
- Into a FoodSaver®’s Preserve and Marinate Containers, add sliced turkey breast, baking soda, chopped onion, minced garlic, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch and canola oil. Set to Marinate Mode and seal using the FoodSaver® Cordless Handheld Vacuum Sealer. Let marinate for 12 minutes in the fridge.
- While the turkey marinates, make the Nuoc Cham sauce by combining hot water, white sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and minced garlic in a jar. Shake to thoroughly mix and set aside.
- Grill the turkey breast until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Cook the rice noodles according to packaging and run under cold water.
- Slice the cooked turkey breast.
- Assemble bowls with rice noodles, chopped lettuce and cooked turkey breast. Top with cilantro, perilla leaf, pickled radish and 1-2 tbsp of nuoc cham.
Leave a Reply