Disclaimer: Products reviewed below were provided complimentary. All opinions expressed below are wholly mine and not indicative of the opinions or positions held by canadathestore.com
Maple syrup is a staple in my kitchen, poured over pancakes on the weekend, or used to create a sweet and spicy glaze over salmon at dinner. Jakeman’s Pure Maple Syrup is 100% pure and organic with no artificial flavours or preservatives. CanadaTheStore.com is an online retailer showcasing high quality products made in Canada. The website’s Gourmet section includes tea, cakes, smoked salmon and lots of maple syrup.
After being contacted to try out Jakeman’s Pure Maple Syrup, the bottle was delivered to my door within 48 hours, super fast and even before I received the tracking information. The Hubby and I decided to make a batch of pancakes as our base to taste the maple syrup. Only a small bowl was needed to down 4 pancakes, leaving us with 90% of the bottle for future cooking adventures.
What I liked:
- Strong natural maple flavour without being overly sweet. The syrup was delicious on pancakes and
- 100% organic with no added preservatives or artificial flavours.
- The syrup had a consistency that was easy to pour and didn’t dribble on the bottle.
- I also liked the decorative maple leaf bottle, which makes Jakeman’s Maple Syrup a great souvenir.
- Although the bottle was oddly shaped, being thin, it was very easy to handle.
- Shipped from canadathestore.com, my maple syrup was safely packaged with plenty of bubble wrap and arrived within 48 hours.
What could use work:
Priced at $15.95 for 250ml, it was more expensive than other brands I’ve bought in the past.
Currently, only one colour and grade of maple syrup is available at canadathestore.com, I’d like being able to choose a darker or stronger taste.
TL;DR: Pure maple syrup with a rich natural taste in a cute decorative bottle, easily purchased online and shipped direct to home.