Love it or love to avoid it, Winterlicious is upon Toronto again. This year’s event runs from Jan 30th to Feb 12th (just shy of Valentine’s day). Participating restaurants will be offering set lunch ($18, $23 or $28) and dinner ($25, $35, $45) menus. Reservations have been open for a over a week and weekend spots are becoming hard to find, especially for groups bigger than 4. This year, the set price for lunch has gone up by $3.
Every year, I aim to eat at one “fancy” restaurant to add to my list of restaurants for special occasions, one casual “dinner” for a night out with friends and one restaurant that caters to large groups. So far this year, I have 2 dinners and 1 lunch planned.
Where I’ll Be:
- Auberge Du Pommier; – $45 Dinner / French / The “fancy” dinner
- Cluny – $35 Dinner / French / The “casual” dinner
- Marben – $23 Lunch / Spanish / The “group” dinner
- Lunch – I’m looking for tantalizing menus that are similar or even more appealing relative to the dinner menu
- La Societe – $23 Lunch / French / I would order 3 Oysters, Oven Roasted Salmon and Grand Marnier Creme Brulee
- Tabule (Past Review) – $18 Lunch / Mediterranean / I would order Lentil Soup, Kefta Kebab and Gelato
- Canoe – $28 Lunch / Canadian / I would order Smoked + Potted Salmon, Alberta Beef Brisket and Osprey Bluffs Honey Panna Cotta
- Dinner – I’m looking for great atmosphere, interesting menu items and best value
- Los Colibris – $35 Dinner / Mexican / I would order Empanadas de Tinga, Ropa Vieja and Helados y Nieves
- Cafe Boulud (Past Review) – $45 Dinner / French / I would order Digby Scallops, Cumbrae Beef “Pot au Feu” and Pear Chocolate Gateau
- Luma (Past Review) – $35 Dinner / Canadian / I would order Cauliflower Salad, Lamb Ragu Cavatelli and Lemon Posset
- Good for Groups – I’m looking for a variety of choices, easy parking/access and a spacious dining area
- Marben – $23 Lunch $35 Dinner / Spanish / I would order the Steamed PEI Mussels, John’s Burger and Nutella Creme Brulee
- Habit Gastropub (Past Review) – $25 Dinner only / Canadian / I would order Beef Carpaccio, Habits Burger and Cheesecake
- Ganzi Osteria (Past Review) – $25 Dinner only / Italian / I would order the Winter Caprese, Homemade Fettuccine and Tiramisu
Check out all of my past Licious event reviews for more ideas and recommendations.
[…] think everyone’s familiar with the drill. If not, check out my previous guides/picks for Winterlicious 2015 and Summerlicious 2014. This year’s event runs from January 29th to February 11th. Lunch […]
[…] last year). Links to my previous years’ guides can be found here Winterlicious 2016, Winterlicious 2015 and Summerlicious […]